Set up a company after incorporation before a notary public
You have to draw up a deed before a notary public for a:
- private limited company
- public limited company
- partnership limited by shares
- cooperative company with limited liability.
- register your company with the Banque Carrefour des Entreprises (BCE – central business database)
- possibly have your business number activated as a VAT number
- arrange for social security as self-employed workers for all partners
- possibly apply for permits.
Before you startTo start up a company, you must:
- have received your business number from the registrar’s office
- know how you are going and who is going to demonstrate a basic knowledge of business management and possibly professional knowledge
- know what activities you are planning to exercise
- have a professional bank account number
- possibly have chosen a trade name.
CostsStarting up a company costs:
- EUR 83.50 (legal rate) per establishment for registration as a trading company in the BCE (central business database)
- EUR 55 (+ VAT at 21%) to activate your business number as a VAT number (if applicable).